Anker’s PowerExpand (8-in-1) USB Type-C PD 10Gbps data Hub - The best USB Type-C hub
Hardware interface: USB 3.1 type A, Ethernet, USB 3.0 type C, HDMI
Number of ports: 8
Compatible devices: MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, IPad
Dimensions: 4.76 x 2.17 x 0.6 inches
Weight: 4.5 ounces
- One HDMI: This portable hub supports 4K monitors at 60 Hz over HDMI and has every other port you’re likely to need, all of which performed at expected rates in our tests.
- Two USB-A 3.2 Gen 2 ports
- One USB Type-C 3.2 Gen 2 port
- One USB Type-C PD port
- SD card slot / MicroSD card slot
- 85-watt charging pass-through
- Ethernet port
Lightweight and portable
Measuring just 0.6 inches (4.65 × 2.17) inches, thick and weighing less than 4 oz, PowerExpand fits easily into your bag or pocket for effortless portability. travel pouch included.
All the ports you need
Turn your device’s USB Type-C port into 8 ports, allowing you to transfer data in seconds, stream media in unrivalled clarity, and provide high-speed pass-through charging
Transfer files in seconds
Transfer movies, photos, and music at speeds up to 10 Gbps via the USB Type-C data port and dual USB-A ports.
The HDMI port supports media display at resolutions up to 4K@60Hz.
Powerful pass-through charging
Compatible with USB Type-C power Delivery to provide high-speed pass-through charging up to 85W.
The USB Type-C port supports pass-through charging up to 100W (minus 15W for operation), allowing you to charge up your laptop at high-speed while retaining the full functionality of the hub’s other ports. (Wall charger not included)
Crystal-clear dual display
With dual HDMI ports, you can stream or mirror content to two displays in 4K@30Hz, or connect to a single device in stunning 4K@60Hz.
Universal SD card compatibility
The SD and microSD card slots support virtually all SD card formats for seamless access to photos and other media files.
- MacBook Pro (2020 / 2019 / 2018 / 2017 / 2016 / 2015)
- MacBook Air (2020 / 2019 / 2018)
- iPad Pro (2020 / 2019 / 2018)
- XPS (13 inch / 15 inch)
- Pixelbook (2017)
- Nintendo Switch
- Apple USB SuperDrive
- USB-A ports do not support charging.
- Due to the power input limitations of mobile devices, this hub is not suitable for pass-through charging tablets or phones.
- Only iPad Pros with iPad OS are compatible.
- The HDMI port supports a variety of resolutions up to 4K@60Hz, including 1080p, 1080i, 720p, and 480p.
- A 100W power Delivery charger and cable are required to support 85W charging.
- For 4K@60Hz resolution, please confirm your device supports DP1.4. Below are some devices that support DP1.4:
MacBook Pro 15”’ 2020 / 2019 / 2018; MacBook Pro 16”’ 2019; iPad Pro 2020 / 2019 / 2018 (Only iPad Pros with iPadOS are compatible); HP EliteBook 1050 G1
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. When I connect to 2 monitors, why do both monitors show the same image?
When connected to dual monitors, devices running macOS only support screen mirroring. Windows supports both Single-Stream Transport (SST) and Multi-Stream Transport (MST) modes. macOS and iPadOS only support Single-Stream Transport (SST) mode.
2. How can this hub achieve 85W power Delivery charging?
To get 85W charging, use a USB Type-C wall charger and a USB Type-C to C cable that both support 100W PD charging.
3. Does the USB Type-C power Delivery port support charging for tablets (including iPad Pro) or phones?
Due to the power input limitations of mobile devices, this hub can not provide pass-through charging to tablets (including iPad Pro) or phones when using the original wall charger that came with your mobile device. To support full-speed charging for iPad Pro, use an adapter that supports at least 15V (45W).
4. Why can’t my HDMI resolution reach 4K@60Hz?
The HDMI port supports a variety of resolutions up to 4K@60Hz, including 1080p, 1080i, 720p, and 480p.
1) Single monitor: 4K@60Hz if your device supports DP 1.4; 4K@30Hz if your device supports DP 1.2
2) Dual monitor: 4K@30Hz if your device supports DP 1.4; 1080p@60Hz if your device supports DP 1.2
5. Does this hub get hot?
When this hub is fully loaded, it may reach a surface temperature of around 131°F. However, this is normal for products of this kind.